Are you using your skincare products in the wrong order?
There is a fine art to getting your skincare routine to the best place it can be. Not to mention, there is a correct order in which you should be applying your skincare products.
Skincare doesn’t have to be intimidating. I know it can seem overwhelming because there are literally thousands (and tens of thousands) of products on the market. Which one is best? Which products do I really need? Do I even need all of those products?
The answer to all of the above depends entirely on your skin type and what you want your products to do for you.
Without further adieu, here’s the correct order in which to apply your most basic skincare products:
- Cleanser: First, you want to remove your makeup and get rid of any dirt or grime on your face. There is nothing worse than piling on moisturizer and serum over dirt and makeup. In fact, it defeats the purpose. Be sure to choose a cleanser that works for your skin type. Some good choices are: Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Detox Foaming Cleanser and Erno Lazlo Detoxifying Facial Cleansing Oil.
- Toner: Tones (or purifying lotions) are products which help reduce excess oil as well as tighten pores. Toners are especially helpful if you’re acne prone. Evoluderm Anti-Imperfections Clarifying Lotion and Avene’s Gentle Toning Lotion are great choices.
- Serums: Serums are one of the most important steps in a skincare routine. These are formulations which penetrate deep into the layers of skin. They have a host of benefits and are perfect for most skin types. Andalou Naturals Willow Bark Serum is a good choice for oily skin. Another great choice is The Ordinary Reservatrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3%.
- Moisturizer: The most important thing to remember is to get a product that is formulated for your skin type. The Just4Girls.Pk Mini-Bar has a great selection of travel sized moisturizers so you can get a feel of the product before committing to full size!
- SPF: No matter the season, you always need sunscreen for both your body and your face. Protecting your skin from harmful UV rays not only keeps your skin healthy, but reduces the risk of skin cancers as well.
Of course, there are more products and steps to add into your routine, but if you’re just beginning, this is a great place to start! Be sure to visit Just4Girls.pk for more products and deals!