Best Stick Highlighters for an Easy Summer Glow Routine
Highlighting, contouring, strobing–these makeup techniques are pretty much a quintessential part of our lives at this point, and none of it could be done without our beloved highlighters. If you don’t have the right highlighter, however, things can get really messy really fast. When I say messy, I mean it looks like we just stepped up out of a time machine that just got back from a turbulent ride to the year 2000. That is right ladies, a bunk highlighter will leave you looking a glittery, shimmery, over the top mess. That is where stick highlighters come in to save the day. Not only are they super easy to throw in to the purse for the day, they just make application that much easier. We already didn’t need an excuse to sweep highlighter on liberally, but now with stick highlighters it always feels like an appropriate time to really glow. With the sun shining and increasingly spending more time outside, stick highlighters go with every warm weather look. Drug store brands, like Maybelline, and even Rihanna (Fenty Beauty) have taken note too–which is why there are so many new stick highlighters on the market at the moment. So whether you ladies are aiming for a healthy glow or an out-of-this-world gleam, there is one out there for every look. Below are the best stick highlighters that will kick-start your summer glow-up:
- If you are looking for a denser highlight without the mess that usually comes with it, then the Maybelline Master Strobing Stick is the most viable choice for you. It comes in two stunning shades: a pinky iridescent sparkle and a softer, more neutral nude glow. Depending on the look you are going for, you can swipe the two shades on separately or even mix them together for an even more luminous highlight.
- The Maybelline Master Strobing Stick may be a good go-to daytime highlighter, but the NYX Strobe of Genius Holographic Stick is one that should be used for summer nights out. It goes on with a purple sheen for a holographic effect that is surprisingly only visible when light catches the skin. Despite being purple-y, it is not too obvious or gaudy, but just makes for a really, really radiant look. In fact, it seems like purple highlighter is shaping up to be one of the hottest makeup trends of summer 2018. Many are taken aback and react with some variation of “But that would look awful on me!” Well ladies, I’m here to tell you that you are wrong–between lilac, lavender, and violet, there is a shade of purple highlighter that will flatter any and every skin tone.
- The above brings me to our third choice. Bad Gal RiRi can do no wrong with the Fenty Beauty Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick in Confetti, which a perfect playful and sparkly lavender stick highlighter, or in Unicorn, which is a more vivid purple with subtle, cool undertones and a pearly sheen. The cream-to-powder sticks are the ultimate highlighters, adding color to the cheeks, eyes, and even lips if all around glow is the vibe–I feel it.
- The Lancome Click & Glow Highlighting Skin Fluid is highlighting made easy! With just one click, you are ready to highlight, enhance, and illuminate the face. The unique crème-fluid texture provides the softness of a powder for a barely-there shimmer, and builds coverage to the brilliant result you expect from a liquid highlighter. Best of all, the custom flock-tipped applicator allows for effortless application directly onto the skin–achieving the most precise highlight, from the cheek bone to the cupid’s bow.
- A cult classic is the multipurpose color stick for eyes, cheeks, and lips–Nars The Multiple in Copacabana. It easily blends into the skin, giving an unbelievable glow without any color. It beautifully highlights the cheekbones and complements most shades of blush. It applies oh-so smoothly and has a pearly champagne tint and fine shimmer for a perfect soft glisteny glow.
So ladies, if your goal is to look less like you fell into a tub of sparkles and more camera-ready, then a stick highlighter is your magic wand this summer. All of the versatile sticks for easy highlighting, intense color, and luminous sheen are available online on just4girls.pk, the number one glow stop this summer. Creating points of light to your summer glow routine has never been so easy! There is no excuse not to be getting your glow on ladies 😉