Best Tips and Tricks to Applying Foundation Flawlessly
I don’t know about how you ladies feel, but foundation can be intimidating to the point of skipping application altogether. It is, however, the all-important canvas for the rest of our makeup routine. When it comes to technique, we get lost it what always seems to be shrouded in mystery. Between all the products that we have to choose from and how to use them, it is something that you’ve got to get down to a science in order to achieve that flawless, undetectable, and miraculously natural-looking foundation when wearing a full face of makeup. As we’ve all heard time and time again, where there is a will there is a way; so, the science of foundation application can be mastered. Don’t just assume that it is something that is strictly left to professionals, we can all learn of tricks of the trade when it comes to creating an even complexion, concealing dark circles, and hiding zits. Below are the absolute best tips and tricks to applying foundation flawlessly:
- The first tip is to remove makeup and cleanse the skin. So, start by treating the skin with a cotton pad and a cleansing water like the famed Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water, which we all know can be used as both a makeup remover and a way to prep the skin prior to applying foundation. You never want to apply foundation on skin with leftover makeup, dirt, and grime–it just sounds like a recipe for disaster.
- After properly removing makeup and cleansing the skin, use a rich, nourishing moisturizer to prime and rehydrate the skin. Not only does Andalou Naturals (Brightening) Probiotic + C Renewal Cream hydrate the skin, it is also extremely gentle and makes a great primer for makeup. As a pro tip, be sure to warm up the cream in between your hands, and then press it into the skin.
- When it comes to choosing the right formula, look for something that looks natural, has a flawless finish, and feels weightless on. You can’t go wrong with these ace options: Clinique Even Better Glow Light Reflecting Makeup Broad Spectrum, Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation, and NYX Total Control Drop Foundation.
- Apply foundation using your own fingers instead of brushes or spongey eggs. You see, using your own fingers to apply foundation actually gives the most natural skin-like finish because you really need to massage the foundation into your pores with the warmth of your hands to melt every bit into every crevice. Foundation tools often leave behind footprints, and you’re left with an unwanted painted-on appearance. So, it’s essentially about becoming one with the foundation.
- Yes, it may initially feel wrong rubbing in foundation as you would moisturizer, but the key is to start small and build. So, you want to start from the center of your face and move outwards, blending with the pads of your fingers, patting and rubbing into your face-folds as you see fit. Keep going until the foundation in invisible. Now here is a crucial trick: press your palms onto your face and sort of roll them to blot and wick off excess makeup on top. This motion gets rid of excess slime so it doesn’t look cakey throughout wear. Remember, the heat of your hands sets and blots simultaneously. You can follow up with finishing powder, like the NYX Mineral Finishing Powder.
Now that you ladies know the tips and tricks to completing your makeup routine, you can sport a natural-looking full face of makeup all the time. All you’ve got left to do it sit back and admire those flawless faces–that you applied foundation to all by yourself. In order to that, however, you’ve first gotta hop on to just4girls.pk, where all the products you need to apply a perfect face of foundation are available. Go on ladies, you’ve waited long enough!