Yes, I know ladies. We are still in that awkward summer to fall limbo stage that makes getting ready ten times harder– it is starting to get old, and I know you all can relate. We’re talking about the days when the temperature is slowly (like painfully slow) falling–we are in Pakistan after all–and we’re stuck deciding what to wear (sweater weather or nah), what to drink (iced coffee vs. pumpkin spiced latte), or what to plan on the weekend (is it hibernate and watch Netflix season yet). Our saving grace during this weird transitional time, however, is makeup. Here to make our lives a little easier is one makeup trend that is perfect for transitioning into cooler weather: green eyeshadow.
That is right ladies, it is a shade that isn’t so bright that it looks weird outside of a beach day, and isn’t so dark that it feels like the makeup equivalent of pull out the tights too early. The thing is, green is a very powerful color, yet it represents freshness–which is really trending at the moment. So, keep the focus on the eyes when trying out the trend, but let the rest of the rules fly right out of the door. You see ladies, there is no right or wrong in choosing your shade of green. If you’re going green to begin with, you’re going for a fun look and you can apply as much or as little as desired–just don’t run the risk of looking like a Marvel villain, so moderation is key (as always). Below are the best green eyeshadow palettes for this fall, although you’ll be wearing them well into the new year–trust:
- The epic MUA Pro 15 Eyeshadow Palette in Green Goddess features 15 ultra pigmented shadows in a range of earthy shades and finishes, with amazing soft and silky hues of green to choose from. Create a multitude of looks with the highly pigmented formulas in both matte and pearl that blend oh-so-effortlessly.
- The MAC Veluxe Pearlfusion Shadow Palette in Greenluxe is not as green as you would expect. So, if you are wary on the green trend, this is the perfect beginner palette for you. It includes a shimmery mix of bronze and olive tones. There are shades of light peach, bright champagne with pearl, dark olive, blackened green with gold pearl, and deep forest green with pearl. The palette equips you with all the shadows you need to highlight and contour the lids for a glam night out, but shades that are subtle enough to be worn on the regular, too.
- The I Heart Makeup Chocolate Palette in Mint Chocolate is for those that like their eyeshadows as rich as their chocolate. Encased in a mint green chocolate-bar palette, the 16 shades include warm neutrals, deep accent hues, and autumn-inspired pops of color in matte, duo-chrome, and shimmer finishes. The metallic green shadow pigment, specifically, has been garnished with gold micro-glitter, showing that green can be glam, with all the right edges to boot.
- If you ladies are not into large investments before the holidays, the Makeup Revolution My Sign Complete Eye Base in Aquarius offers up four coordinating green shades for under PKR 1,000.00. The beautiful shadows wear for up to 16 hours, so you ladies will look fresh and crease-free all day long.
- Rich metallic pigment marries the perfect shade of green in the Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Mad Mad World. With a polished finish, this jewel-toned emerald and blue combo glide smoothly across the lids, saturating them with green goodness. It’s perfect for any time you want to really make a shocking statement.
See ladies, it turns out that is it actually easy being green! So, this fall, live a little and switch up your staples by throwing a transitional hue on the lids. Moreover, the green eyeshadow trend is here to stay, so strap yourselves for the fall and prep yourselves for the winter and spring seasons to come. Here at J4G, we’ve tried and tested every shade of green, from lime to moss, to discover the best of the best for the fall and onwards. All of the best green eyeshadow palettes mentioned above are available on just4girls.pk/blog, so don’t wait and test your luck! Maintain that luck from now into the new year with these green goodies. 😉