How to Choose Your Perfect Red Lipstick
Red lipstick is the first color that comes to mind for many when it comes to selecting a lip color. There’s a good reason for that; red lipstick has been the most popular lip color since cosmetics became widely available to women everywhere. It has been made into more than just a color; it is an icon and staple in every beauty beauty kit.
Finding the right shade of red can sometimes feel as frustrating as the quest for the holy grail. There are so many different hues of red, for both cool and warm tones, that the wrong color can undo your entire face. The right one, however, can make your face sing and create a memorable experience.
When it comes to shopping for reds, there are a few tips you can follow to find your perfect shade.
- Know your skin undertone before shopping. If you’re a warm tone, you’ll want to find reds that don’t have a lot of “blue” in them, which are very suitable for cool toned skin. To tell which type of skin tone you have, take a look at the veins in your wrist. Veins that appear green signify a warm ( or neutral ) skin tone. This is because the veins are being viewed through skin with yellow undertones. That’s why they appear green. If your veins appear blue, then you’re a cool tone.
- Choose shades which compliment your skin undertone and color. Once you’ve found reds which suit your undertone ( warm or cool ), then it’s time to swatch colors to see which shade compliments the actual color of your skin. Just because you’re a warm skin tone and a red falls into that category doesn’t mean it will go with your skin color, eye color or hair color. If you have access to a store where you can visit with a beauty advisor, this is the easiest way to go about finding your best shade. If not, then I definitely recommend going on youtube.com and watching tutorials.
- Find the formula which suits you best. Some people like matte, some satin. Some prefer liquid, others in a tube.
- Rock your new shade and have fun!
Here are a few of my favorite red lipsticks, all of which are available at Just4Girls.pk!
- Rude Notorious Liquid Lip Color in Radical Red: This is a gorgeous, velvety liquid formula that I love.
- Freedom Makeup Pro Lipstick Palette in Reds: I’ve become more and more attached to lip palettes in recent years. Especially when it comes to reds. I find that they give me more control over creating the perfect red lip, because I can blend and contour with the corresponding hues in the palette.
- ELF Moisturizing Lipstick in Red Carpet: This is a wonderful, budget friendly red which looks gorgeous on. It also won’t dry out your lips and glides on smoothly.
- L’Oreal Infallible Matte Lip Paint in Red Actually: The Infallible Matte Lip Paints are some of my favorite matte lip products on the market. They’re easy on the wallet and create gorgeous lips. This is a very vibrant red that will definitely turn heads!
What’s your favorite red lipstick? Connect with us on Social Media using Hashtag #Just4GirlsPK and show us your red lip looks!