How to Stop Oily Eyelids From Messing Up Your Makeup Game
Oily eyelids are a constant struggle, especially when you need your makeup to stay in place throughout the day or into the night. If you have oily eyelids, then you are bound to know the drill–the cycle should be all too familiar: wake up, apply makeup, check face around midday only to find that you are rockin’ a mean pair of raccoon eyes. It is an embarrassing sight indeed, but if it is an consolation, you are not alone. I think it is safe to say that we have all been there at some point in our lives. In fact, we all create oil on our eyelids–some of us more than others. We’ve all got numerous tiny oil glands at the eyelash line to add oil to our tear film. This oil-water emulsion provides lubrication to the eyes and the oil prevents the water from evaporating. Now that we are aware of the science behind the oily eyelids, we can assume that there is no cure-all method to completely stop our bodies from producing oil. We can, however, definitely take measures to curb it. Here is the lowdown on some of the best ways to stop slick lids from wreaking havoc on our eye makeup:
- You are going to want to start off with a clean slate aka face. So, before you make up that face in the morning, make sure your skin is completely free of any residual makeup from the day prior; any oils leftover can increase oiliness. Better to go with a clean, fresh start. Your best option, get this, is the Garnier SkinActive Micellar Makeup Removing Towelettes. Yes, micellar water has finally been turned into a towelette. They wipe away every last bit of oil and makeup in seconds.
- You’ve got to pick the right skincare after your face is clean. The next step is applying serums and moisturizers, but be sure to look at the ingredients for potential pore-cloggers and oil first. You see, if the issue is that makeup isn’t staying put, perhaps the problem is using moisturizers that aren’t fully absorbing. Opt for ingredients that won’t leave you greasy, like gels and oil-free formulas. Try Stageline’s Matt Pure Moisturizing Serum.
- Never forget the pre-makeup blot. So ladies, dealing with any extra oil on your eyelids simply entails patting a blotting sheet on them before applying makeup. The Real Techniques Miracle Blotting Cushions are the brilliant secret weapon for shine control.
- Be sure to use a primer that you trust if you want to guarantee that your smokey eye won’t slide. Afterall, we all know that primers can do wonders when it comes to lasting power. I would recommend using Wet n Wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow Primer, which is humidity and sweat-resistant and infused with antioxidants and vitamin E. You can also try out NYX Eyeshadow Base, which is really good at preventing makeup from creasing.
- Lastly, set everything with some powder. To intensify and improve longevity, many makeup artists set their pencil, cream, or liquid products with an eyeshadow powder of the same shade. Doing so ensures that everything from cream eyeshadow to gel eyeliner won’t budge. If you are looking to lock everything in place in one swoop, then go over your eye makeup with some transparent powder. This way, you have a little something on the lids to absorb oil. Try Hard Candy Fast & Fabulous Translucent Finishing Powder or Makeup Revolution Translucent Pressed Powder.
Now that you ladies know the secret to a life free of mascara smudges, liner fading, and creased eyeshadow, you can alter your skincare and makeup routines accordingly. The best way to help cut out the shine is going online and shopping all the products mentioned above on just4girls.pk. With the weather starting to warm up (and Pakistan breaking records for the hottest day of Spring to date), go ahead and nip this pesky and bothersome problem in the bud by mattifying those oily lids. Getting that aesthetically pleasing oil-free appearance is as easy as that!