Lip Contouring is an Art, and Here is A Beginner’s Guide to Mastering a Plumper Pout
When it comes to remarkably transformative makeup tips, tricks, and techniques, contouring has truly transcended the world of trends to quickly becoming the skill that everyone wants to add to their beauty resume. Its most recent incarnation is lip contouring. Yes, that is right ladies, you can masterfully use specific makeup products to sculpt, define, and chisel your way to a more voluptuous lip line from the comfort of your own home. So, never mind lip fillers–we’re anti-filter filler trend that has been running a muck all over Instagram (shouts out Kyle Jenner and her admission of having lip fillers cause we all knew those thangs were FAKE anyway).
The timing of this particular technique, however, makes perfect sense: the purpose is to provide an alternative to more extreme measures in the quest to achieve a fuller pout. The demand for lip contouring products are huge at the moment, too–we need only to look at the success of one of the Queen’s in the world of beauty: Huda Kattan. Not only did she launch Lip Contour Sets, but they also instantly sold out–yeah ladies, they are that popular. So, what exactly is the key to the technique? Well, as stated by Huda herself, “Lip contouring is about playing with light, shade, and texture. By using varying tones of pencil, lip color, highlighter, and concealer, the illusion of a fuller lip can easily be achieved.” Below is a break down of all the makeup products you ladies need, as well as step by step instructions, so we can all get to lip contouring stat:
- The first step is to exfoliate the lips. Then, go easy on the application and blot with a non-greasy lip balm. For a two-in-one buff and balm treatment, the Clinique Sweet Pots Sugar Scrubs and Lip Balms provide the best of both worlds.
- The second step is to prime. So, add a touch of foundation all over the lips to create a blank canvas before moving on to the next step.
- The third step is to define. So, using a liner that is just a bit darker than the natural lip tone, draw an X at the cupid’s bow and slightly outline the lips, being careful not to go too far outside the natural lip line to keep the contouring more realistic. Our top pick lip liners, of course, are included in the Huda Beauty Lip Contour Sets.
- The fourth step is to fill. That means connecting the liner at the corners and filling the lips with liner, gradually fading towards the center. Apply the darker, matching lip shade all over, which is also included in the Huda Beauty Lip Contour Sets.
- The fifth and final step is to highlight using the lipstick in the paler shade (the third part to the Huda Beauty Lip Contour Sets). Dab the lipstick onto the center of the lips and blend out with your finger to create the illusion of a fuller pout.
Next gen contouring has officially arrived, and we’re here for it. As mentioned in steps 3-5 above, Huda Kattan has made the process extra easy with Lip Contour Sets that combine the best Liquid Matte Lipstick combinations for a lip contour that takes all the guesswork out of the technique. It is the quickest and easiest way to mastering the art form, ladies. Get your hands on them ASAP, as a limited quantity of the Huda Beauty Lip Contour Sets are available on just4girls.pk. Don’t sleep on adding dimension and definition to create the appearance of perfectly plump lips, ladies. That is right, going up a lip size has never been easier. So, grab your trusty Huda Beauty Lip Contour Set and get to contouring!