Splurge vs. Save: All-Time Best Makeup Dupes for Luxury Cult Beauty Products
If you love beauty and have got your pulse on the beauty world, then you ladies have likely heard beauty lovers rave about cult favorite products. If so, then you know that cult beauty products tend to lean on the luxurious side of the scale–not that any of you probably even mind spending a little more than you’re comfortable with on that one cult product that just works for you. And just in case you ladies are wondering, cult beauty products are as good as they say. Sometimes, however, these kind of beauty splurges just aren’t financially possible, but good quality products also don’t have to dip into half of your paycheck.
That is where the topic of “dupes”–cheaper products that work just as well as their more expensive counterparts–comes into play. Yes, while the original may always have a place in your heart, something that does the same thing for less is hard to resist. Am I right?! And if i’m being completely honest, there is nothing more satisfying than finding a true beauty dupe. In fact, there are actually tons and tons of shockingly excellent drugstore products that are almost exact dupes of all-time favorite cult beauties at only a small, itty bitty fraction of the price. Below are J4G’s all-time best makeup dupes that are significantly cheaper than their cult-status alternatives, and still just as good (if not better):
- Fenty Beauty Killawatt Foil Freestyle Highlighter Duo in Sand Castle/Mint’d Mojito vs. MUA Luxe Lustre Highlight Duo in Splendour: We all want to add some of RiRi’s makeup products to our makeup routine, but may be averse to shelling out lots of money for them. The Killawatt Foil Freestyle Highlighter kills the highlight game with a new mega-reflective, foil-like finish. They are weightless, longwear cream-powder hybrid highlighter duos with a hyper-metallic finish, born in a colorful range of rule-defying shades designed to make all skin tones pop. The MUA Luxe Lustre Highlight Duo in Splendour is an equally killer and superiorly baked highlighting powder duo. The high pearl powder is velvet-soft and just as creamy to the touch. Best of all, the luxurious and buildable formula glides on for ultimate radiance.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara vs. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara: It can be difficult finding the perfect mascara. Some just don’t make your lashes look as great as they should. A cult favorite for makeup lovers is the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. However, if you don’t want to spend too much on a mascara, go for the L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara instead. You get beautiful lashes for a fraction, if not more, of the cost.
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation vs. L’Oreal Paris True Match Foundation: Armani’s foundation is loved because it walks the walk. It literally feels like silk on the skin and goes on weightless. The cult favorite light-medium coverage foundation has a translucent finish and is beloved amongst celebrities and professional makeup artists. A more affordable foundation that offers a similar effect is the L’Oreal Paris True Match Foundation. There are some minor differences, including a slightly heavier formula, but with a price tag that is only a fraction of the cost, it is definitely worth a try.
- Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick vs. Makeup Revolution Renaissance Lipstick: In a dream world, we would all own every glorious shade of Charlotte Tilbury’s lipsticks. In reality, we are living a pretty good parallel life thanks to the discovery of Makeup Revolution’s pitch-perfect imitations. For under PKR 1,000.00, you get great color pay-off, similar shades, and that retro glam packaging. All that is missing is the signature CT bullet, but to be honest spare yourselves the cost for that minor missing detail.
- Benefit POREfessional Face Primer vs. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer: The Benefit POREfessional is a nude-colored pore filling primer. It dries to a translucent, powdery matte finish that can barely be seen once it sets. The Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer is a translucent primer that is very slippy and silicone like in its texture. The application is the same as Benefit’s POREfessional. It has the same matte finish once dry. In fact, the Baby Skin Primer is one of the cheapest makeup dupes for Benefit products out there.
In the end ladies, we seem to live in a beauty world where finding high quality, affordable dupes has become something of an internet sport. If that is the case, then count me in as a team player. The good news is that drugstore brands have heard our cries loud and clear. Maybelline, L’Oreal, and MUA, to name a few, have seriously upped the ante on their formulas and color ranges, creating quality products that give their pricier and more luxurious cult counterparts a run for their money. Not only that, they are redesigning packaging to create dupes that we’ll want to display on our vanities–not relegate to a side drawer. All of the all-time best makeup dupes are available on just4girls.pk. They’ll change your lives forever. No, really; they’re that good.