The Best Beauty Oils for Dry Skin and How to Use Them
If you’re one of the many who suffer with dry skin and feel like you’re going through gallons of moisturizer, then you might want to consider adding a beauty oil to your skincare routine. Not familiar with beauty oils? Don’t worry…this article is going to help you get started in choosing the right one for you.
What are Beauty Oils?
Beauty oils, contrary to popular belief, are not moisturizers. They are actually used to seal your moisturizer and or serum into your face. If you’re using a beauty oil without a moisturizer and your skin is still dry, it’s because the oil is protecting what moisture is left in the skin, and keeping it from escaping. On the flip side of that, it’s also keeping moisture from getting in as well.
How do I use them?
I would recommend using a beauty oil at the end of your skincare routine, usually at night time. You can use them in the day if you’re not wearing foundation, but I think you’ll get more benefit by using them at night. This is because our skin naturally repairs itself at night time. Most estheticians, cosmetologists, makeup artists and skincare professionals are highly aware of this. A Big Three Cosmetics Company revolutionized this process in the 1980’s, which is why that expensive cosmetic company’s skin serum in the little brown bottle has been so popular since.
Simply put, your beauty oil is going to seal all of the good stuff you’ve slathered your face in all night long so your skin has time to repair and rehydrate while you sleep. When we’re asleep, we aren’t exposed to the hustle and bustle of daily life, which gives our skin time to regenerate.
Even though beauty oils say “moisturizes,” it really means that they lock moisture in. Technically they do, but I would always recommend pairing with your favorite skincare serums and creams/gels.
Can I use Beauty Oils on my hair?
It depends on the product, but yes, some oils can be used for your hair also! You can apply to damp hair for easier styling, or to dry hair. IF applying to dry hair, apply two to three servings, leave for a half hour then wash your hair. It works just like a hot oil treatment does.
Here are Five Beauty Oils by Evoluderm that will work wonders for your skin and hair:
- Evoluderm Beauty Oil with Argan : This formula moisturizes and revitalizes tight, dry skin. It also nourishes dry and lifeless hair. When applying to the skin, use massaging movements until the product is completely absorbed. Vitamin F and Moroccan Argan work together to lock in moisture.
- Evoluderm Beauty Oil with Carrot: This product is great if you’re prepping your skin for tanning. It softens the skin and firms the epidermis. Contains Vitamins A and F as well as carrot extract ( which enhances the complexion ).
- Evoluderm Beauty Oil with Jojoba: This helps improve skin elasticity while nourishing dry and lifeless hair. Vitamins F and Jojoba extract are the good for you ingredients in this formula.
- Evoluderm Beauty Oil in Macadamia: This softens and nourishes the skin as well as protects and repairs the epidermis. Very good for smoothing down the cuticles of damaged hair. It is also suitable for sensitive skin. Vitamin F and Macadamia Extract moisturizes and protects the skin.
- Evoluderm Beauty Oil in Sweet Almond: This is ideal for very dry skin. It moisturizes and softens the skin using Vitamin F and Sweet Almond Oil.
If you love skincare, then I definitely recommend this article: Best Acne-Fighting Products for Clean and Clear Summer Skin.