The Biggest 2017 Makeup Trends
How is it already December? 2017 is nearly over—we’ve got less than a month left—and 2018 is just around the corner. 2017 has been a really good year for makeup. I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t think that I’m ready to say goodbye to this year’s cool-as-hell makeup trends. I know that with every new year there comes new trends, but I’d really like to address this year’s best and hottest while they are still relevant and before they are forgotten for another 10 years—until they are back in again. *rolls eyes*
So for 2017’s biggest makeup trends, here’s the best I’ve seen:
- The number one trend literally meant to be seen on all major runways from Kenzo to Chanel is the distinct 80’s draping effect blush bomb. Get your blush brushes ready and leave subtlety at the door—the more intense the color, the better!
- The number two trend doesn’t have to do with just one particular color, but bold colors. The bold lip encompasses colors like peach, eclectic orange, fuchsia, purple-gray, and vamp black. It is truly about making a statement in single tube of bold lipstick.
- The third trend still has to do with the lips. Last year was all about the matte, but this year gloss came back with a vengeance. The lip gloss trend is honestly a refreshing change to the matte lip. It gives dimension, shine, and flirty youth vibes. I’m definitely sold on this trend. I hope it’s here for the long run.
- The fourth biggest trend for 2017 is a big one. Bronzed, glowy, and dewy skin has been a big winner this year. It’s a beautiful look that has the skin looking sun-kissed. We’ve all seen models rocking a sheeny-complexion all over the runways. All you have to do is sweep bronzer over your cheeks and eyes and your looking like a goddess!
- The fifth biggest trend has been the most surprising in 2017 thus far. Pin-straight hair is back and in action! This look was really big back in the early 00’s and is killin’ it again thanks to Versace Versace Versace showcasing it on their spring/summer runway, but it’s definitely here to stay for fall and winter too! Hopefully no one’s gotten rid of their straighteners, it’s time to bring those puppies back out from the gallows.
- The sixth and final trend has been my absolute fav of the year! I really jumped on the orange bandwagon! Orange truly has been the new black this year, and honestly they complement each other and look great when worn together. Orange nails, orange lipstick, orange eyeshadow, orange blush, orange everything ladies! I’m all about it! This is a trend I’ll be holding on to come the new year.
So, I know it’s going to be hard letting go of this year’s biggest beauty trends, but I’m super stoked to see what 2018 has to hold in store. I’m anticipating some killer trends. Will it be as good as 2017? No one knows. So ladies, it won’t hurt to rock all these trends while you still have some time left. Shop online on just4girls.pk to buy the biggest and hottest accessories of the year. It’s all available online in Pakistan. Until next year ladies!