Using Bio-Oil to Treat Scars, Uneven Skin Tone and More
Bio-Oil is one of my favorite skincare products on the market. Formulated with all natural ingredients Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Calendula Oil, Lavender Oil, Rosemary Oil and Chamomile Oil, as well as the company’s trademark Purcellin Oil, this product is truly a multi-purpose oil.
German Chemist Dieter Bier, whose family helped develop the skincare genius line known as Oil of Olay, is the inventor of Bio-Oil. Bier was living in South Africa when he acquired Union Swiss, which was a South African Distributorship Company for European Skincare products. After the acquisition of Union Swiss, Dieter began working on oil-based skin care in the 1970’s, with Bio-Oil finally being born in 1987.
Most people use Bio-Oil to reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks, but this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what Bio-Oil is capable of.
- It reduces uneven skin tone: There is a study which showed over ninety percent of people who applied bio-oil daily showed a significant improvement in their overall skin appearance in less than eight weeks.
- Fades breakout scars over time when applied daily.
- It’s a blessing for overly dry skin, as it helps deliver and retain moisture to the skin.
- Helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Perfect for sunburn relief.
- You can apply after a piercing to treat infection and scaling.
- Works wonders for crackled elbows and knees.
- Treats pimples and blemishes as well as dried out cold sores.
- Rub on nail beds daily to see an improvement in cuticles.
- Adds a gorgeous gloss factor to dry legs.
- Treats itchy scalp and even tames fly away hairs.
- Fades dark circles underneath the eyes.
- Use with your favorite bronzer or powder highlighter for a gorgeous sheen.